A – Monitoring and Enhancing Coastal Resources.
• Monitor water quality and ocean habitats.• Continue supporting monitoring programs such as “Florida Water Watch” or “Eyes on Seagrass”.
• Stony Coral Tissue Loss Disease.
• Control invasive species.• Promote citizen involvement in control efforts.
• Provide training on ways to prevent invasive species introductions and how to safely remove them from the environment (e.g., beach vitex and lionfish).
• Implement coastal cleanups.• Promote citizen involvement in marine debris and coastal cleanups.
• Test new technologies and tools for mitigating marine debris and pollution.